When It’s Over,
It’s time to move on
When It’s Over,
It’s Time To Move On
- Family Law and Divorce
- Marital Property and Debt Division
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Spousal Support (“Alimony”)
- Step-Parent Adoption
- Establishment of Legal Paternity
- Modification of Divorce Court Orders
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Domestic Violence
Bernie J. Kempen is a Family Law Specialist
Certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
When we accept your case and you become our client, we will not only be at your side, we will be on your side.
We believe that we serve your best interest if we aggressively seek to settle your case out of court.
However, if the other side is unreasonable, we do not compromise and zealously argue your case to the court.
We have a deeply held professional philosophy concerning each area of family law we practice.
We shall personally explain our professional philosophy related to your particular circumstances when we contact you to discuss your case.
In order to bring quality service to you, we have a team of professionals ready to process your case.
We respond to any queries within 24-hours and have the ability to act very swiftly in cases of emergency. We are also available on a 24-hour basis in cases of need.
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: Public Interest Scholar
- University of Cape Town, Rondebosch
- B.A. - 1978
- Major: Constitutional Law
- Major: Comparative African Govt. & Law
- California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1993
- Rotary, Outstanding Service
- Certificate of Recognition, Castro Valley Unified School District
- Castro Valley Rotary, Past President, 2006 to 2007
- San Francisco School of the Arts PTSA, Vice President
- San Francisco School of the Arts PTSA, School Site Council, Board Member
- Castro Vally Arts Foundation, Director
- Castro Valley Unified School District, Leadership Council, 2001 to 2001
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2002
- Alameda County Bar Association, Member
- Stanislaus County Bar Association, Member, 1993
Current Employment Position
- J. Walter Thompson, Account Director, 1975 to 1981
- Superior Court County of Alameda, Judge Pro Tempore, 2002 to 2002