We do not require a retainer. Fortunately, when the Pandemic hit us in March 2020, we had already been a paperless office for many years with two cloud based case management systems. However, the Pandemic propelled us to make many improvements to our client service protocols, retainer requirements, direct calendaring, electronic exchanges and remote systems being some examples. This has allowed our firm to concentrate more on client service and less on wasteful antiquated management systems. If you entrust us with your family law matter, you'll be in excellent hands.

When It's Over,
It's time to move on

Child Support Lawyer Alameda County CA

Child Support Lawyer Alameda County CAWhen you have child support payment changes to make or questions regarding your child support payments, you want to make sure you are working with a child support lawyer Alameda County, California residents have relied on. Child support can be complicated enough as it is and knowing that you need to make monthly payments can be very stressful. If you have questions about changing your payments, please give AttorneyBernie.Com a call now to speak with one of our attorneys. We are here to help you when you need us. 

What circumstances would cause child support payments to change? 

We understand that there are many factors that can influence whether you will need to make changes to your child support payments. The circumstances that caused you to pay a certain amount when you first started making payments may have completely changed and our Alameda County, California child support lawyer wants to help you if it is time for a change. Common reasons that payment amounts may need to be modified are:

  • You lost your job or primary source of income
  • You are now primarily taking care of your children even though you were the non-custodial parent
  • Your child suddenly has special healthcare needs that are more costly
  • Your job pays more or you got a higher paying job

These are just some of the reasons that your monthly payments may be changed, whether it is reducing or increasing the amount. 

If the custodial parent makes more money am I still required to make child support payments? 

Even if the custodial parent makes more money than the non-custodial parent, you would still be required to make child support payments because the court wants to see that you are contributing to your child’s welfare in some way. 

The custodial parent is trying to get more child support money out of me even though none of our circumstances have changed. Can anything be done? 

If the custodial parent is trying to get more money out of you even though circumstances have not changed, please speak with your attorney about this. You should not be forced, coerced, or guilted into making additional payments. We understand this can be a difficult time and we are available to help when you need it. 

For more information about child support payment changes, please reach out to our child support lawyer in Alameda County, CA now.

Client Review

"Bernie and his team have been incredible! Always responsive, professional, and, most importantly, ethical. Bernie's recommendations are exactly what I would expect from a professional in this field. He does not want you wasting your money on something a judge won't ultimately approve in court. In my experience, his team has tried to save me money where they could. I highly recommend him and his team. They will put in the time and effort to ensure you are well represented!"
Devon Nieve
Client Review

San Francisco

1 Sansome Street
Suite 3500
San Francisco, CA 94104


1301 G Street
Suite A
Modesto, CA 95354

Skip to toolbar