When It's Over,
It's time to move on
AttorneyBernie.com – Family Law Studies Scholarship
Family Law Studies Scholarship
In order to cultivate knowledgeable, effective, and caring legal representation of those facing family-related legal challenges, AttorneyBernie.com proudly announces its sponsorship of a new scholarship opportunity. The AttorneyBernie.com family law studies scholarship application process is now open to those interested in pursuing educational opportunities grounded in the study of family law.
The celebrated actor Michael Douglas once mused that “There’s nothing like a family crisis, especially a divorce, to force a person to re-evaluate his life.” Family law attorneys regularly interact with individuals who are navigating the process of reevaluating their relationships, their finances, and their lives generally. These lawyers must serve as calm, knowledgeable resources for those whose families may be breaking apart. As a result, representing clients in a family law capacity requires one to maintain a certain level of compassion, even as the legal complexities of a case can become overwhelming. Our firm seeks to support the educational aspirations of students whose dual passion for the law and for families serves as a solid foundation for effective advocacy work down the road.
It is our firm’s great honor to assist those who are interested in pursuing education focused on family legal studies. This scholarship opportunity is open to those students who are either currently enrolled in an undergraduate or advanced degree program or who plan to enroll in a degree-granting program that promotes opportunities to study family law in depth.
AttorneyBernie.com will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a Junior/Senior in high school, and to a student pursuing college or an advanced degree of any type. Those awarded these scholarships must meet the eligibility and selection criteria outlined below.
Eligibility and Scholarship Selection Criteria
To be considered, applicants must demonstrate that their experience fulfills the following eligibility requirements and selection criteria:
- This scholarship is offered to high school Juniors and Seniors, as well as any student currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States.
- The scholarship candidate must possess an interest in studying family law. This interest may be demonstrated by relevant life experiences, past and/or present volunteer experiences, educational experiences, and/or professional experience.
- The scholarship candidate must be in good academic standing, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
Please note that the scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, room and board, books, and/or other fees, at the high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program where the student is currently enrolled or will eventually be enrolled, provided that the program in question is accredited and located within the United States.
Scholarship Application Requirements
To be considered for this scholarship, please submit the following documentation:
- A current resume
- A current unofficial transcript from the applicant’s high school, college, or university.
- An essay (1,000 word limit) responding to one of these prompts:
- Many states have adopted an approach to child custody disputes in which it is presumed that joint physical and legal custody of a child is in that child’s best interests unless one or more of the child’s parents can prove otherwise. Is such a presumption useful, harmful, or both?
- California is a community property state. As such, both property/assets and debts acquired during a marriage are generally split evenly in a divorce scenario. Is this approach superior or inferior to an “equitable distribution” model, which is more flexible in determining how property is divided, provided that the ultimate outcome is “fair and equitable” to the spouses affected?
- What inspires you to study family law and what do you plan to do after pursuing further study of this subject matter?
The AttorneyBernie.com – Family Law Studies Scholarship winners will be announced in July of 2022.
Scholarship Application Instructions
Scholarship applicants should submit required documentation via email to [email protected]. The official submission deadline for all application materials is June 30, 2022.
"Bernie and his team have been incredible! Always responsive, professional, and, most importantly, ethical. Bernie's recommendations are exactly what I would expect from a professional in this field. He does not want you wasting your money on something a judge won't ultimately approve in court. In my experience, his team has tried to save me money where they could. I highly recommend him and his team. They will put in the time and effort to ensure you are well represented!"