When It's Over,
It's time to move on
Family Lawyer Modesto, CA
If you are getting a divorce, you should consult a family lawyer in Modesto, CA promptly. A divorce can be one of the most difficult events of your life and you want someone with knowledge and experience to assist you. A lawyer can guide you through the process and answer all of your questions.
- 5 Things To Keep In Mind During Your Divorce
- Reasons you need a Family Lawyer
- 4 Reasons You May Need a Family Lawyer
- Modesto, CA Family Law Infographic
- Good Reasons to Stay Off Social Media During a Divorce
- How to Start Fresh After a Divorce
- Why hire Attorney Bernie as your Family Lawyer
Why You Shouldn’t Talk Poorly About Your Spouse During a Divorce
During a divorce, it is not uncommon to have bad feelings towards your spouse. However, even if your spouse severely wronged you, avoid badmouthing him or her, especially in front of your kids. Here are a few reasons why you shouldn’t speak ill of your spouse:
- It will make your children uncomfortable. A divorce is difficult enough on your children. If your children constantly hear you bashing their parent, it can make the entire situation even worse. They might feel like they have to choose sides or even start believing the other parent is bad. The last thing you want to do is make the situation even more uncomfortable for your kids.
- It could hurt your child custody case. Believe it or not, bashing your spouse could negatively impact your child custody case. Family law judges frown up people who talk negatively about their spouse in front of their kids. They may think that you’re just being spiteful and don’t actually care about getting custody.
How to Avoid Bad Mouthing Your Spouse
Speaking poorly about your spouse during your divorce can have negative consequences. Here are a few ways to avoid talking poorly about your spouse:
- Talk to a trusted family member or friend. It is normal to feel a wide range of emotions during a divorce and it is not good to keep them bottled up. If you don’t let out your feelings in the open, you could do things you regret, like talking poorly about your spouse in front of your kids. Your family lawyer in Modesto, CA might recommend talking to a good friend or family member about your feelings.
- Walk out of the room. If you ever get the urge to say negative things about your spouse in front of your kids, stop yourself and step out of the room. Give yourself a chance to calm down before you go back into the room.
5 Things To Keep In Mind During Your Divorce
Don’t Listen to Anecdotes About Divorce
You likely have friends and family who have gone through a divorce. Don’t set stock on their stories about how their divorce process went. Every divorce is different. You have different assets, may or may not have children, and a different family lawyer in Modesto, CA, such as Attorney Bernie. Take the support and camaraderie from your friends’ anecdotes, but don’t let yourself think that’s how all divorce cases work out.
You’re Not Going to “Win” Your Divorce
You’re not going to “lose” your divorce, either. There are no winners or losers, there’s just a lot of give and take. You may get the custody you want, but not the child support. You might get to keep the family home, but have to buy out your soon-to-be ex-spouse’s share of it. You could get alimony but have to give up your favorite furniture.
Consider Alternative Solutions Instead of Going to Court
Going to court to let a judge decide how things are going to be divided up in your divorce is a last-ditch effort by your family lawyer in Modesto, CA. Instead, consider these alternatives:
- Mediation. You and your spouse sit down with a mediator to try and come to an agreement that satisfies both of you.
- Arbitration. You will go before a panel of arbitrators and make your case for the property division, child custody arrangements, child support, and alimony you want. If both parties agree, the decision of the arbitrators could be legally binding.
- Collaborative or uncontested divorce. You and your spouse sit down together to hash things out on your own.
Don’t Let Your Emotions Make Decisions
You may be adamant that you keep the family home out of sentiment around the good memories you have there. But you may not be financially able to keep up the mortgage payments and property taxes. You might want full physical custody of your kids. But you may have a job that’s incompatible with full physical custody, like being a long-haul truck driver. Put your emotions to the side and let logic and the best interests of your children rule the day.
Move On With Your Life
A family lawyer in Modesto, CA, such as Attorney Bernie, would give you this advice: don’t get bogged down in all the perceived slights your ex did. Whether it was something big like committing adultery or something small like always leaving the toilet seat up, it’s over now. Wallowing in the past serves no constructive purpose; it just keeps you miserable in the present. Don’t let your ex steal the joy from your new life.
Schedule a consultation with a family lawyer in Modesto, CA today. Call AttorneyBernie.Com now.
Reasons you need a Family Lawyer
No one ever wants to think about needing a family lawyer, but the fact is that sometimes things happen in life that requires legal representation. If you find yourself in this situation, it’s important to know why you need a family lawyer in Modesto, CA, and what they can do for you.
The best thing about a family lawyer in Modesto, CA is that they can help you and your family through difficult times. No one wants to go into a divorce, but sometimes it is inevitable. A family lawyer can help work out child custody agreements and other matters related to separation or divorce with ease. When we’re going through tough times as a couple, having an unbiased third party on our side really helps us see things more clearly and move forward with less stress. Let’s not forget that there are so many things in life where having legal representation makes all the difference – from wills to trusts to property disputes, you need someone who knows what they’re doing when dealing with these delicate issues.
Even the happiest of families can experience difficulties that can lead to a need for legal assistance. The family lawyer in Modesto, CA at our firm is available to provide you with the legal help you need. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis; meaning, there is no upfront cost for representation. Call today to take advantage of this opportunity.
What Types of Cases Does a Family Lawyer Handle?
If you are having issues with your family that involve the legal system, then you need to reach out to a family lawyer. Of course, there are lots of lawyers available, so what types of cases does a family lawyer handle? Remember that if you are looking for a family lawyer in Modesto, CA, you need to reach out to an experienced team, such as Attorney Bernie, that can help you.
One of the most common cases that a family lawyer will handle is divorce. Nobody enters into a marriage thinking they are going to get divorced; however, there are some situations where this might be the best outcome for both spouses. Even if both parties agree on everything o=in the divorce, it is important to work with a family lawyer in Modesto, CA who can help you. The legal system can be complicated, and you need to minimize any expenses, obstacles, and challenges you faced along the way. If there are issues in the divorce that both parties cannot agree on, it is even more important for you to work with a family lawyer who can assist you.
Another common case that a family lawyer will handle involves child custody. There are numerous situations where child custody might be an issue, and divorce is only one of them. If you want your children to stay with you, you need to work with a family lawyer who can take a look at all aspects of the case. Your family lawyer can also review the evidence, talk to other people who know you, and formulate a strong case that shows the judge why you deserve to take care of your children. Make sure you work with a family lawyer who can fight for you.
4 Reasons You May Need a Family Lawyer
There is an old saying: “No one can hurt you like your kin.” Indeed, this is the reason why family lawyers exist. With that said, you may still be scratching your head trying to decide whether you need legal representation. After all, you are dealing with a family matter, right? The truth is, family matters can be some of the legally messiest. Check out these four reasons why you may need a family lawyer in Modesto, CA.
1. Smart Lawyers Understand the Law
Undoubtedly, divorce and separation make up two of the largest portions of family law cases. In these situations, family affairs can become a delicate matter, especially when a couple shares one or more children. Shared assets can also have a significant impact on family law scenarios. With this in mind, finding a smart lawyer who understands the law can help makes things easier.
2. Good Lawyers Have Time
Another benefit of finding a family lawyer in Modesto, CA, is that any good legal representation will be able to give your case the time it deserves. If, on the other hand, you try to solve your divorce on your own and amongst unexpected emotional conflicts and turbulence, it can make any already difficult situation even worse. Finding the right attorney can take one load off your plate at least.
3. Trustworthy Lawyers Are Impartial
Have you ever been in the middle of an argument and asked a friend to weigh in but they refused? What if you were definitely in the right and needed someone to defend you? The great thing about trustworthy lawyers is that they are impartial when it comes to the common and often emotional disagreements between spouses or partners. Having the added layer of logic can help simplify things.
4. Experienced Lawyers Can Save You Money
Depending on the details of your case, an extra benefit of hiring a family lawyer in Modesto, CA, is the increased likelihood of saving money. This is especially true if you have high-value assets or a complex child custody situation. Because these kinds of conflicts can take up a lot of court time, they can also be very costly. Working with a dedicated legal representative who knows what he or she is doing can cut out unnecessary rescheduling and other restrictive technicalities.
Modesto, CA Family Law Infographic
Good Reasons to Stay Off Social Media During a Divorce
Social media plays a big role in many people’s lives these days. Although social media sites make it easy to stay in contact with loved ones and provide you with entertainment, it’s best to avoid them while you’re going through a divorce. Here are a few reasons why your family lawyer in Modesto, CA would advise you to stay off social media for the time being.
- You could accidentally jeopardize your chances of getting custody. If you wish to gain full custody of your children, it’s especially important to stay off social media. You wouldn’t want to jeopardize your chances of custody by posting something that makes the court question your parenting capabilities. For example, if you post photos of yourself drinking at a bar, the other side could try to argue that you’re an irresponsible parent who is setting a bad example.
- You could reveal your spending habits. When you’re in the middle of a divorce, it’s wise to keep your spending habits private. This is especially true if you’re trying to get spousal support. The opposing party may browse your social media profiles to find out about how much you’re spending. If you make posts about eating out at restaurants or going on shopping sprees, it could work against you.
- You can avoid unnecessary emotional distress. Going through a divorce can be an emotionally trying time. Using social media may just add to your stress. For example, you may be able to see what your ex is up to through mutual friends. This may upset you and prevent you from moving on. Staying off social media can help improve your mental health during this difficult time.
- Your words can be used against you. When you’re in the middle of a divorce, ranting on your social media pages may seem like a good way to blow off some steam. However, your words can come back and haunt you later on. For instance, if you use cruel words to demean your ex on social media, you may be viewed as an angry and spiteful person in court.
- Your friends may turn against you. Although you might never expect your good friends to turn against you, it happens more often than you think during divorces. If they’re also friends with your ex, they may share what you’ve been posting.
How to Start Fresh After a Divorce
Divorce is a difficult thing to go through. In most cases, it’s a sign that things weren’t working out, and that can be hard to deal with. However, as difficult as it is to get divorced, there’s also a light at the end of the tunnel for those who do.
After a divorce, you get a chance to start fresh! You aren’t tied down anymore, and you can start rebuilding yourself and your life in whatever way you want. Hiring a family lawyer Modesto, CA is the first step to starting your divorce journey. It’s not easy to do this right away, though, which is why we’ve got some tips on how to get through and move on after a divorce.
Don’t jump into anything
The first thing you need to do after your divorce is give yourself time to heal. Don’t jump into another relationship too soon or make any drastic decisions while you’re still dealing with the emotional aftermath of your divorce. If you try to rush things, you may end up making mistakes that will hurt you more than help you in the long run.
Take Care of Yourself
First things first, take care of yourself. It may sound cliche, but it is incredibly important to take care of your mental health during this difficult time. Divorce can be an emotional roller coaster and that can take a toll on your body, both mentally and physically. We recommend taking some time for yourself, getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, exercising, and doing the things you enjoy.
Talk to Someone
You might not want to talk about what you are going through but talking to someone can be very beneficial for your mental health and overall well-being. Talking with a friend or family member that you trust can help you work through some of the feelings that come along with a divorce. A family lawyer Modesto, CA like Attorney Bernie is also an excellent resource that can help guide you through this difficult time in your life. It’s okay to seek professional help when dealing with something as difficult as a divorce!
Get rid of reminders of your ex’s belongings
If you’re still living in the same home you shared with your ex-spouse, then it’s time to start packing up his or her things (while respecting any custody agreements you have in place). You may need time to get everything organized, but by clearing out his or her belongings and personalizing your space to reflect your new life, you’ll feel like you’re starting fresh.
Divorce is a process, not an event. It’s important to take some time to adjust and find your new normal before rushing into big decisions. This will help you avoid making decisions in the heat of the moment that you later regret.
With so much at stake, it’s significant to have someone who will fight hard for what’s fair and just in your case. That’s why a family lawyer Modesto, CA like Attorney Bernie is such a great choice. He knows how to negotiate with opposing counsel to reach a settlement that works out in everyone’s favor while minimizing conflict as much as possible. He has years of experience helping people through this difficult time and knows exactly what to do to get you the best possible outcome.
Why hire Attorney Bernie as your Family Lawyer
If you’re going through a divorce or custody battle, you probably have a lot of questions about how the legal system works. Many people feel that hiring a family lawyer in Modesto, CA is expensive and not necessary. One of the most important decisions you will ever make is who to trust with your family law needs. It’s not something that should be taken lightly.
Hiring the wrong family lawyer can be devastating. You need someone who will fight for you and your rights, but also someone who won’t take advantage of you or cost you an arm and a leg.
If you hire him as your Family Lawyer Modesto, CA, he will work hard to get you what you deserve at this difficult time in your life. You can trust that Attorney Bernie will do everything in his power to make sure that both parties are treated fairly throughout the process; no matter if it’s a high-asset or low-asset divorce case! His goal is not only to win but also to ensure that everyone involved walks away feeling like they got their fair share of what was owed them during this tough time.
Attorney Bernie has decades of experience in family law matters including child custody litigation, adoption proceedings, divorce cases, and post-judgment modifications. He will take care of all aspects of your case from start to finish so that you can focus on moving forward with confidence while protecting yourself financially as well as possible during this challenging time in life.
Call right now and schedule a free consultation with Family Lawyer Modesto, CA
Bernie, so we can discuss how we can help resolve all issues related to your family law case!
Hire an Attorney
Ultimately, these are the only two of the many cases that a trained family lawyer can handle. Even if you think the facts are on your side, you need to put yourself in the best position possible to be successful. Even though it is impossible to predict the outcome of every case, it is important for you to hire an attorney who can represent your interests and fight for your rights. A family lawyer in Modesto, CA, such as an attorney from Attorney Bernie, can act as your legal guide during this situation. You do not have to go through it alone.
“Suddenly needing legal advice on a family issue, the guidance I received from Attorney Bernie Kempen during our initial virtual visit has helped give me a better understand what’s required.”
"Bernie and his team have been incredible! Always responsive, professional, and, most importantly, ethical. Bernie's recommendations are exactly what I would expect from a professional in this field. He does not want you wasting your money on something a judge won't ultimately approve in court. In my experience, his team has tried to save me money where they could. I highly recommend him and his team. They will put in the time and effort to ensure you are well represented!"