When It's Over,
It's time to move on
Family Lawyer Alameda County CA
When you are going through a difficult situation with your spouse such as paternity issues, a divorce, alimony disagreements, or matters of child support, you should be looking to work with a family lawyer Alameda County, CA residents rely on from AttorneyBernie.Com. We believe in giving our clients the opportunity to bring everything to the table and without an attorney by your side, you may be losing out.
Family legal issues can already be stressful enough as it is. Why risk losing out on alimony or time with your children by not working with an attorney? To schedule an appointment with one of our team members, contact our office now.
How do I know that I need a family law attorney?
There are many reasons to hire a lawyer that is familiar with family legalities. If you hire a legal team that has not worked with clients in the past on issues such as divorce, legal separation, child custody, alimony, etc., then they may not prove to be as helpful as a lawyer who has plenty of experience. In fact, hiring a lawyer that is not knowledgeable in that area of law related to your case can end up being detrimental to the outcome. If you aren’t sure if you need a lawyer, here are signs that you probably do:
- Your spouse has bullied you. If you are dealing with a divorce, then things may be tension-filled between you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse. It isn’t uncommon for one spouse to be mean and bully the other so that they still feel as though they have control over the situation. A lawyer can intervene and put a stop to this behavior immediately.
- You prefer protection and need someone to advocate for you. It is easier for the average person to get taken advantage of during family-related disputes, compared to a legal professional who has been trained and handled delicate cases like yours before. Your lawyer can advocate for you when you find it difficult to do so yourself.
- You have concerns about attending court. The courtroom can be intimidating, to say the least, so having a lawyer to prepare you beforehand and represent you during the hearing can take a heavy weight off your shoulders. Your lawyer can walk you through how the court proceeding will go and practice having you answer questions that are similar to what the judge will ask.
- You don’t know what documents to gather. A lawyer knows the proper procedures and documentation needed to yield the most success in your case. Instead of researching and trying to figure out how to build a strong case for yourself, your lawyer can do that for you.
- All you want is a peace of mind at this time. Family disputes are stressful, and there may be tons at stake. With so much pressure, having the peace of mind of a lawyer to guide you through every step of the way may be the best decision you will make.
- You don’t have time or energy to work on your case. Lawyers handle legal cases for a living, it’s what they do. If you are someone who has a busy schedule or just can’t fathom trying to figure out legalities yourself, your lawyer can provide the clarity you need.
What are the different benefits to working with one of our attorneys?
Almost any legal issue will have some degree of complexity. Especially when you are dealing with something as important as family, you want to make sure you are getting the best representation possible. Whether you plan to go to court or hope to come to an agreement outside of court, working with an attorney from our office can help you be as prepared as possible. We can help:
- Retain key witnesses to help solidify our argument
- Provide you with a legal strategy that can help guide your case
- Retain expert witnesses, especially helpful in cases of abuse or domestic violence
- Value your assets and help you get a fair division of property
How do I know how much a divorce is going to cost me?
An Alameda County, California family lawyer knows that there is no one specific answer that will tell you how much a divorce will cost. Some of the different factors that will go into it are what assets you both have, how long you have been married, how many children you share, etc. Another factor that will play a huge part in what a divorce will cost is whether you will pay or receive spousal support.
If you make a larger amount of money in the marriage, it is possible that you will need to pay your ex-spouse spousal support. On the other hand, if your spouse makes more than you do, your attorney may fight to win spousal support (and child support) on your behalf.
Does all of this need to be decided before a judge finalizes the divorce?
Yes. Especially when it comes to child support and custody, a judge will need to make a decision before finalizing the divorce. This can also be beneficial because it can help set clear standards post-divorce. If you would like to speak with our trusted family lawyer in Alameda County, California from Attorney Bernie, please give our office a call at your earliest convenience.